(HealthDay News) -- Different speech therapists have differing approaches for stuttering, so it's important to evaluate your needs before choosing a therapist, the Stuttering Foundation says.
Before starting treatment, the Foundation suggests asking therapist candidates these questions:
- How comfortable are you with treating stuttering?
- How many teens and adults who stutter have you worked with?
- What do you think the primary goals of stuttering therapy should be?
- Which approaches do you use in speech therapy?
- How often is therapy scheduled?
This article: Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.